Guaranteed trial knitted
Knitting is not only relaxing, it is also very trendy. We provide you with a free tutorial for this cute knitted cat named Steffi.
How to knit the cuddly toy cat:
- Lana Grossa Cool Wool Merino Superfine (100% virgin wool LL 160 m / 50 g) in anthracite, purple and light orange
- Embroidery thread in old rose and light brown
- 2 animal eyes 10 mm diameter (plastic half-pearls from the craft supplies, eg from Rayher, www.rayher-hobby.de)
- Bastelfilz of 2 or 3 mm thickness for the neck finger, about 11 x 8 cm (craft supplies)
- Bastelfilz (leftovers) in white and sun yellow, matching sewing thread
- Needle game, 2.5 – 3 (or according to selected wool)
- Stuffing or padding needle, embroidery needle
- Wadding, scissors, glue (for plastic), compass, cardboard
- Optional: 1 fine stocking without hole or running stitches, 1 handful of rice or plastic granules
Knitting as hard as possible so that the filling cotton does not show through. For the specified reference wool, the optimal mesh test is:
27 stitches x 38 rows on 10 x 10 centimeters
You can of course use any wool (eg stocking yarn). Depending on the wool size, Steffi will grow larger or smaller. Steffi measures approx. 30 cm from the pompon to the feet with the aforementioned stitch test.
If a round or row is not explicitly stated, knit the stitches in the color as in the last round or row specified, as they appear.
A list of abbreviations and the required knitting and sewing techniques can be found in the appendix.
Some of the technical photos in the manual are not photographed separately for the cat, but merely illustrate the principle.